Driving With Suspended License in Hudson Valley, NY

Suspended License Lawyer New York Driving With Suspended License in Hudson Valley, NYRevoked License Attorney Saugerties

Driving with a suspended or revoked driver’s license is a serious offense in New York. Aggravated Unlicensed Operation of a Motor Vehicle (AUO) in the first degree is a felony. It carries a possible fine of up to $5,000 and jail or probation. Second and third degree offenses carry somewhat lower penalties.

However, it may be possible to successfully defend an AUO charge or obtain a reduction in the charge to one with lesser penalties. I know, because I represent people in traffic violation cases every week. I am Jonathan D. Katz, a lawyer with extensive experience in cases involving aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, driving without a license or insurance, and other moving traffic violations.

Lifting a Driver’s License Suspension

If you have outstanding traffic tickets, your license can be suspended by the New York DMV. To obtain a lifting of the suspension, you must ask the court for a trial date. The clerk of court can then lift your suspension until the resolution of traffic violations. I can represent you in this hearing, to lift the suspension and protect your rights. My firm can also represent you in the trial, with the goal of resolving any speeding or traffic violations in a satisfactory manner. I have been able to successfully reduce many moving violation charges to lesser charges or non-moving violations in many courts in the Hudson Valley.

Driving with a Suspended or Revoked License

A citation for driving with a suspended or revoked license (aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle) in the third or second degrees is a misdemeanor, with a possible fine, surcharge, and jail time or probation. Conviction on a charge of aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle is a felony with much more serious potential consequences.

At my practice, Jonathan D. Katz, Attorney at Law, I defend people charged with aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and other traffic violations in Ulster County and Orange County, New York. If I cannot get the charge dropped entirely, I can attempt to get the charge reduced to the lesser charge of unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle or perhaps even a non-moving violation.

Speak with an Experienced Attorney

Contact us calling (845) 834-4747 (toll free (866) 614-8872 from the U.S.) or fill out the online contact form to schedule your consultation with Jonathan D. Katz.

Client Reviews
I was living a nightmare of being falsely accused in a judicial system that considers all fathers to be dead beat dads until proven innocent. Living out of state and facing the possibility of jail, I miraculously found Jon’s website and called his office. Within a week the tables were turned, the lies were exposed, and the harassment was stopped. If you need someone that will challenge the system, then you need Jonathan Katz. Greg Weaver
Jon’s integrity towards his clients is what makes him a standout attorney. He makes it a priority to know what's important to you. You’re not just a number. He is upfront with you right from the start. He will not string you along just for his financial benefit. He is only willing to settle the case if that's truly what you want. Anytime I called him I received a call back from him that day. Not someone else in the office. He is an attorney that has a passion for what's important to his clients. John Morrissey
Being a single mom, I had enough stress in my life. I had no idea how to go about protecting myself. My daughters were my priority. Jon walked me through the process. He turned a difficult time into a workable solution. Diane Chiriani
Jon thinks well, works to be clear and honest. He works to get to a strong argument. He seems to have a good working relationship with everybody at the courthouse. I get the feeling he has no trouble thinking like a judge. He is friendly and courteous. He doesn't overbill. He takes and returns calls promptly. His legal staff is friendly and competent. What's not to like? Rick S.
I liked that there was always transparency throughout my case. Genevieve H.