West Haverstraw Village Court
Village of West Haverstraw Justice Court
130 Samsondale Avenue
West Haverstraw, NY 10993
West Haverstraw Village Court Website
West Haverstraw is a small village located in the Town of Haverstraw, which is part of Rockland County, NY. The hamlet of Garnerville is situated in West Haverstraw. If you were ticketed for speeding, or for any other moving violation, while driving on a roadway in West Haverstraw, contact a knowledgeable traffic defense attorney today. Jonathan D. Katz, Esq. is a skilled local attorney with experience in traffic courts across New York, including Rockland County, Dutchess County, Orange County and Ulster County.Contest a Traffic Charge in West Haverstraw Village Court
Prosecutors and traffic officers in West Haverstraw, New York are usually open to working out a favorable plea deal in traffic cases. That’s why it is crucial for you to have an experienced attorney and skilled negotiator on your side prior to trial. When you retain the services of Jonathan D. Katz, he will negotiate with the local prosecutor and try to get you the best possible outcome to your traffic case. If necessary, Mr. Katz will stand up for you in West Haverstraw Village Court and fight to get your traffic charges dismissed or significantly reduced.
Mr. Katz possesses of experience handling traffic matters in New York and he can challenge any traffic charge, including:
- High-Speed Tickets
- Driving with a Suspended or Revoked License
- Driving without a License
- Driving without Insurance
- Handheld Cell Phone Tickets
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Violations
- DWI / DWAI / DUI
- Running a Red Light
- Illegal Lane Changes
- Failure to Yield
- Faulty Equipment
- Repeat Offenses
- Other Traffic Violations
Do not plead guilty to a traffic offense simply because you think you may have committed the traffic infraction. Before you make any decisions about how proceed in your case, make sure you speak with a knowledgeable NY traffic attorney. A guilty plea for a moving violation in West Haverstraw or anywhere else in New York could have severe consequences, including:
- The court will notify the NY Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) and let them know about your traffic conviction. The DMV will then place the conviction on your driving record.
- The West Haverstraw Village Court judge could have the authority to impose heavy fines, monetary penalties and other related court costs.
- Your insurance company could elect to hike your insurance rates. It may even decide to drop you from coverage altogether.
- The West Haverstraw Traffic Court judge may decide to suspend or revoke your driver’s license, depending on the severity of the offense and whether you have prior convictions.
- Pre-Trial Plea Negotiations: Jonathan Katz will develop an advanced defense strategy that he can use to help you both in and out of the courtroom. Before your case heads to trial, Mr. Katz will talk to the patrol officer who ticketed you and/or local prosecutor in West Haverstraw Traffic Court. Traffic cases typically involve the police officer, the prosecutor and the judge. If the traffic cop made any kind of mistake or committed a procedural error before, during or after your vehicle stop, Mr. Katz will try to get the evidence thrown out and the charges dismissed.
- Trial in the Courtroom: Mr. Katz knows that the key to winning any NY traffic case is being prepared for trial. That’s why he prepares each and every case he handles with the expectation that it will go to trial. He is a tenacious litigator who knows how to get the job done in the courtroom by challenging evidence and questioning witnesses.
If you were ticketed for a moving violation like speeding or reckless driving in West Haverstraw, New York or anywhere else in Rockland County, Jonathan D. Katz, Esq. can help you fight the charges and steer clear of the most significant penalties. Mr. Katz has successfully represents countless clients accused of traffic violations in NY courtrooms, so he has the experience needed to win your case. Call him today at 845-377-2022 to discuss your traffic matter or schedule a consultation at his office in New Paltz, NY.