Suffern Village Court
Village of Suffern Justice Court
61 Washington Avenue
Suffern, NY 10901
Village of Suffern Court Website
Suffern is a village located in the Town of Ramapo in Rockland County, New York. The major roadways that run through Suffern include NY State Routes 17 and 59, US Route 202, Interstate-87 and the New York State Thruway. If you were ticketed for a speeding violation on one of these roadways, or on any other local road, call a qualified traffic attorney now.
Although you are not always required to make an appearance in Suffern Village Court in order to answer a traffic charge, you should still speak with an attorney before deciding to plead guilty or pay a fine. A skilled traffic defense attorney can assist you both in and out of the courtroom and help you fight your contest traffic ticket. Jonathan Katz believes that everyone deserves a strong legal defense, so he will dedicate himself to crafting a strong defense strategy on your behalf.
Mr. Katz is a local attorney with experience in traffic courts across New York, including Rockland County, Dutchess County, Orange County and Ulster County. He appears on a daily basis in NY traffic courts and helps New York drivers, out-of-state drivers and even Canadian drivers as they fight traffic tickets and try to avoid the most serious penalties for a traffic conviction. When Mr. Katz represents you in Suffern Traffic Court, he will talk to the prosecutor and the police officer who ticketed you and attempt to negotiate a favorable plea agreement so you can keep your driver’s license. If necessary, Mr. Katz will vigorously argue on your behalf at trial and ensure that your rights are protected throughout the legal process.
Mr. Katz routinely represents clients facing New York traffic charges, including:
- High-Speed Tickets
- Driving with a Suspended or Revoked License
- Driving without a License
- Driving without Insurance
- Handheld Cell Phone Tickets
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Violations
- DWI / DWAI / DUI
- Running a Red Light
- Illegal Lane Changes
- Failure to Yield
- Faulty Equipment
- Repeat Offenses
- Other Traffic Violations
If you were ticketed in Suffern NY and have a pending traffic court date, you might be concerned about the implications of a conviction. Do not make the mistake of assuming that you are automatically guilty just because a traffic cop cited you for a moving violation. Speak with a skilled traffic attorney before making any final decisions. Keep in mind that pleading guilty to a moving violation in Suffern, NY could have serious ramifications, including:
- The Suffern Traffic Court will notify the New York Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) about your conviction. Once the DMV has placed the conviction on your driving record, you may face higher auto insurance rates, as well as the suspension of your driver’s license. Out-of-state drivers will also be subject to penalties, including points on their license and surcharges because the NY DMV will contact their home state and let them know about the New York traffic conviction.
- A traffic conviction in Suffern, NY can result in significant fines, monetary penalties and related court costs.
- Your motor vehicle insurance carrier might decide to raise your insurance premiums or even cancel your insurance policy altogether, depending on the circumstances of the traffic offense and your driving record.
- A conviction for one of the more serious traffic violations in New York, or for multiple traffic offenses on the same ticket, could lead to suspension or revocation of your license.
Your chances of winning a case in Suffern Traffic Court are enhanced when you have a knowledgeable traffic attorney on your side. Jonathan Katz is a qualified traffic defense lawyer who knows how to guide you through the complicated legal system in New York, help you avoid the most expensive fines and make sure that you maintain your driving privileges. Mr. Katz is extremely resourceful and understands the nuances of NY traffic laws because he has more than 30 years of experience handling traffic cases throughout Rockland County and everywhere else in New York.Contact an Experienced Traffic Ticket Attorney in Suffern, New York
If were cited for a moving violation like speeding, reckless driving or running a stop sign in Suffern Village, New York, Jonathan D. Katz, Esq. can help you beat the charges. Mr. Katz has successfully represented many clients accused of traffic offenses in NY, including Rockland County, Dutchess County, Orange County and Ulster County. Contact Mr. Katz today at 845-377-2022 to discuss your traffic case over the phone or schedule a consultation at his New Paltz, NY office.