Stony Point Town Court
Town of Stony Point Justice Court
6 Patriot Hills Drive
Stony Point, NY 10980
Stony Point Town Court Website
Stony Point Town is a triangle-shaped town located in the northeastern section of Rockland County, NY. The major roadways that pass through the town include US Routes 9W and 202, as well as the Palisades Interstate Parkway. If you received a ticket for speeding, or for any other moving violation while driving on one of these roads, contact a knowledgeable traffic lawyer like Jonathan D. Katz, Esq. today.
Although many traffic charges in Stony Point, NY can be handled without you needing to show up for court, you still want an attorney representing you. You have every right to have an experienced attorney appear on your behalf in Stony Point Town Court. Mr. Katz possesses 30 years of experience handling traffic matters in Stony Point and everywhere else in Rockland County, New York. If you’ve been cited for speeding, running a stop sign, failure to yield or any other traffic offense, he knows what is needed to get your charges dismissed or significantly reduced.
Among the most severe penalties for traffic violations in New York are fines, a suspended license and points on your license. The collateral consequences of a traffic conviction in Stony Point, NY include skyrocketing insurance premiums. In the worst cases, a traffic conviction could lead your insurance company to drop you from coverage entirely. Beyond that, it may be difficult to get a new auto insurance provider because they may deem you a “high-risk” driver. A skilled traffic lawyer can handle your traffic case and help you steer clear of the most severe negative consequences of a conviction.Types of Traffic Tickets in Stony Point, NY
Mr. Katz regularly represents residents of Rockland County, other NY drivers and out-of-state drivers who were stopped for moving violations while driving through New York. He can assist you both in and out of the courtroom and help you contest your traffic ticket in Stony Point Town Court if you’ve been cited for:
- High-Speed Tickets
- Driving with a Suspended or Revoked License
- Driving without a License
- Driving without Insurance
- Handheld Cell Phone Tickets
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Violations
- DWI / DWAI / DUI
- Running a Red Light
- Illegal Lane Changes
- Failure to Yield
- Faulty Equipment
- Repeat Offenses
- Other Traffic Violations
Do not think that you have to plead guilty to a traffic ticket in Stony Point NY simply because you were stopped on the roadway. Before making any final decisions about how to proceed with your case, talk to Jonathan D. Katz, Esq. Do not simply pay your fine or accept a plea deal from the police officer or prosecutor. A plea deal is basically the same as a conviction, which could have severe consequences that include:
- The Stony Point Traffic Court will notify the New York Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) and make sure they are aware of your conviction. The DMV will then place the conviction on your driving record. If you are a driver from another state, the DMV will contact your home state and let them know about the traffic conviction.
- You may be required to pay fines, monetary penalties and other court costs. His number one priority is always to get his clients’ traffic charges completely dismissed or at least reduced.
- Your motor vehicle insurance company may elect to raise your insurance premiums after being notified of your traffic conviction.
- The court might have the option to suspend or revoke your driver’s license, depending on circumstances of the traffic offense.
Mr. Katz firmly believes that every client deserves a strong defense. That’s why he makes himself available for his clients, day or night. Even if you do not need to appear in traffic court to answer the charges, he will make sure that you are fully informed about how your case is proceeding. He will also make you aware of all of your available legal options. Depending on the type of traffic ticket, the factual circumstances of your motor vehicle stop and the evidence in your case, he may be able to raise both legal and factual defenses on your behalf.Call an Experienced Stony Point, New York Traffic Violation Lawyer
If you have been cited for speeding, drunk driving or any other moving violation in Stony Point, New York, Jonathan D. Katz, Esq. can assist you. Mr. Katz has more than 30 years of experience defending clients accused of traffic violations in courtrooms throughout NY, including Rockland County, Dutchess County, Orange County and Ulster County. Call him today at 845-377-2022 to discuss your traffic ticket or schedule a visit to his office in New Paltz, New York.