Spring Valley Village Court
Village of Spring Valley Justice Court
200 North Main Street
Spring Valley, NY 10977
Spring Valley Court Website
Spring Valley is a large village located in parts of Ramapo and Clarkstown, which are in Rockland County, NY. The Village of Spring Valley has a population of more than 31,000 residents. The village is near the New York State Thruway and NY State Route 59. If you were ticketed for speeding, or for any other moving violation, in Spring Valley, you should speak with a qualified traffic attorney immediately. Jonathan D. Katz routinely appears in courts throughout Rockland County, NY, including Spring Valley.
Do not plead guilty or pay a traffic fine before you have a chance to speak with an experienced traffic defense attorney and explore all of your legal options. People who have been cited for a traffic offense often mistakenly believe that they have no choice but to plead guilty. The reality is that traffic officers are not immune from making mistakes. If you have a knowledgeable traffic attorney on your side, you may be able to successfully challenge your ticket in court. In fact, it is crucial that you explore all of your options before pleading guilty or paying a fine because a traffic conviction could have severe consequences, including expensive fines and points on your license. If you get too many points, your license could be suspended or revoked. Moreover, your auto insurance company might elect to raise your premiums or even cancel your policy entirely if you end up with too many points on your license. Jonathan Katz is an experienced traffic defense attorney who knows the law and can argue on your behalf in Spring Valley Village Court.
When a driver is stopped by a traffic cop in Spring Valley or anywhere else in Rockland County, NY, it’s understandable to be nervous. Mr. Katz possesses more than 36 years of experience in NY traffic courts that he will bring with him into the courtroom when he represents you. He routinely appears in courts throughout Rockland County and helps clients fight their traffic charges.Common Traffic Charges in Spring Valley, NY
Jonathan Katz has decades of experience assisting clients who face NY traffic charges, including:
- High-Speed Tickets
- Driving with a Suspended or Revoked License
- Driving without a License
- Driving without Insurance
- Handheld Cell Phone Tickets
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Violations
- DWI / DWAI / DUI
- Running a Red Light
- Illegal Lane Changes
- Failure to Yield
- Faulty Equipment
- Repeat Offenses
- Other Traffic Violations
The consequences of a traffic conviction in Spring Valley could include:
- The traffic court will send notice of your conviction to the NY Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). The DMV will then put the conviction on your record. If you are an out-of-state driver, you still face significant penalties when you return to your home state.
- The Spring Valley Village Court judge may decide to impose a hefty fine, as well as other monetary penalties and related court costs.
- Once your insurance company is notified of your traffic conviction in Spring Valley, NY, they can potentially raise your insurance rates. Moreover, if you have prior traffic convictions on your record, or if you get too many points on your license, your insurance carrier might cancel your coverage entirely.
- The traffic court judge may have the option of suspending or revoking your driver’s license, depending on the severity of the charges.
If you are convicted of a traffic violation in Spring Valley Traffic Court, you may end up losing your ability to drive on NY roads for a very long time. A conviction for a moving violation in Rockland County, New York can also result in points on your license, higher insurance rates and even jail time in the worst cases. That’s why it is crucial for you to speak with Jonathan D. Katz, Esq. He is a skilled traffic defense attorney with the experience needed to assist you in your traffic case and help you fight the charges. Call Mr. Katz now at 845-377-2022 to discuss your traffic matter or schedule a consultation at his office in New Paltz, New York.