South Nyack Village Court
Village of South Nyack Justice Court
282 South Broadway
South Nyack, NY 10960
South Nyack Court Website
South Nyack is a village located in Orangetown, NY, which is part of Rockland County, New York. Many drivers are ticketed in South Nyack while passing over the Tappan Zee Bridge. The NY State Thruway also passes through South Nyack, New York. If you were cited for speeding, or any other moving violation, in South Nyack, contact an experienced traffic defense lawyer today. Jonathan D. Katz, Esq., routinely appears in courts throughout Rockland County, NY, including South Nayak.
If you have a qualified traffic attorney on your side, you might not have to make an appearance in South Nyack Traffic Court to address your traffic charges. Everyone is entitled to a strong legal defense when facing traffic charges in South Nyack or anywhere else in Rockland County, New York. Mr. Katz is ready to stand up for you in court and help you beat your traffic charges. You can rest assured that Mr. Katz won’t be passing off your case to a junior associate; when you hire Mr. Katz, you will get him and his 36 years of experience in New York traffic courts as he represents you both in and out of the courtroom.Common Traffic Violations in Rockland County, New York
Jonathan Katz defends South Nyack, NY clients who have been accused of moving violations, including:
- High-Speed Tickets
- Driving with a Suspended or Revoked License
- Driving without a License
- Driving without Insurance
- Handheld Cell Phone Tickets
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Violations
- DWI / DWAI / DUI
- Running a Red Light
- Illegal Lane Changes
- Failure to Yield
- Faulty Equipment
- Repeat Offenses
- Other Traffic Violations
If you are convicted of a traffic offense in South Nyack, NY, it could leave a permanent black mark on your driving record. Do not make the mistake of thinking that you have to plead guilty to a traffic ticket just because you were cited for a moving violation. Discuss your case with a knowledgeable traffic defense lawyer before making any final decisions about how to proceed in your case. A guilty plea to a traffic card could lead to significant penalties, including:
- The South Nyack Traffic Court will contact the New York Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). After the DMV puts the traffic conviction on your driving record, your insurance carrier may choose to raise your rates. Moreover, the DMV may be able to suspend or revoke your driver’s license if you get too many points.
- The traffic court judge may have the option of imposed costly fines, monetary penalties and other court costs in connection with your traffic case.
- Your insurance carrier may choose to drop you from coverage entirely, depending on your driving record and the severity of your traffic offense.
- Pre-Trial Plea Discussions: As soon as you enlist the services of Jonathan Katz, he will begin going over the details of your traffic stop and coming up with a strong defense strategy on your behalf. He will examine the official police report and investigate every angle and aspect of your traffic ticket. He will also speak with the prosecutor and the traffic cop who ticketed you and attempt to reach a plea agreement that is favorable to you. Mr. Katz’s top priority is always to get his clients’ traffic charges dismissed or at least reduced to a non-moving violation.
- Taking the Case to Trial: If a plea agreement cannot be reached and your traffic case goes to trial, Mr. Katz will represent you in South Nyack Traffic Court. He is an aggressive litigator with decades of experience defending clients against traffic charges in local courts across Rockland County, NY.
If you have been given a traffic ticket for a moving violation, whether it’s a minor speeding offense or a more serious offense like driving under the influence, you can count on Jonathan D. Katz, Esq. to assist you and help you fight the charges. Mr. Katz has successfully represented countless clients accused of traffic violations throughout New York, including Rockland County, Dutchess County, Orange County and Ulster County. You can reach Mr. Katz anytime at 845-377-2022 to discuss your traffic case or schedule a consultation at his New Paltz, NY office.