Ramapo Town Court
Town of Ramapo Justice Court
237 Route 59
Suffern, NY 10901
Ramapo Town Court Website
Ramapo is a large town in Rockland County, NY. The town has a population of more than 126,000 people. Major roadways that run through the Ramapo include NY Route 17, NY Route 59, the Palisades Interstate Parkway and the New York State Thruway. If you were pulled over for speeding on one of these roads, or on any other roadway in Ramapo, New York, a qualified traffic attorney like Jonathan D. Katz, Esq. can help you challenge your ticket.
Even if you have been cited for a traffic offense in Ramapo, NY, you might not need to show up for a court date. A knowledgeable traffic attorney is often the thing you need to fight a traffic ticket and avoid the most significant penalties. When Mr. Katz defends you in Ramapo Town Traffic Court, he will bring over 36 years of experience handling traffic cases in Rockland County, Orange County, Dutchess County, Ulster County and everywhere else in New York. Whether you were ticketed for speeding, reckless driving or any other traffic offense, he will provide you with a strong defense.Types of Traffic Offenses in Rockland County, New York
Mr. Katz represents clients facing traffic charges, both serious and minor, in Rockland County NY courtrooms. He has successfully defended many Ramapo Town residents, other New York drivers and out-of-state drivers who were stopped for speeding while passing through NY.
Jonathan D. Katz, Esq. knows how to help you fight any traffic charge, including:
- High-Speed Tickets
- Driving with a Suspended or Revoked License
- Driving without a License
- Driving without Insurance
- Handheld Cell Phone Tickets
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Violations
- DWI / DWAI / DUI
- Running a Red Light
- Illegal Lane Changes
- Failure to Yield
- Faulty Equipment
- Repeat Offenses
- Other Traffic Violations
Don’t make the mistake of pleading guilty to a traffic charge in Ramapo Town, NY without first speaking to an experienced traffic attorney. A guilty plea to any kind of moving violation in NY could have severe consequences, including:
- The Ramapo Town Court will contact the NY Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). You can expect the DMV to place the traffic conviction on your driving record. Even if you are from another state, you will face points on your license, costly surcharges and other serious penalties when you go back to your home state.
- The Ramapo Traffic Court judge could impose fines, monetary penalties and other court costs. Mr. Katz understands how tough it can be to pay an expensive ticket while also having to deal with rising insurance rates. That’s why you can count on him to do everything in his power to get your traffic charges dismissed or significantly reduced.
- Your auto insurance carrier might decide to hike your insurance premiums .They may even elect to drop you from coverage entirely.
- Your NY driver’s license suspended or revoked, depending on the severity of the traffic charges.
Jonathan D. Katz, Esq. makes himself available to each of his clients 24 hours a day, seven days a week because he believes every client deserves to be fully informed. He also believes that each of his clients is entitled to a strong defense. Depending on the type of traffic offense and the available evidence in your case, he may be able to raise legal and factual defenses and get your charges tossed out in court.Pre-Trial Negotiations in Ramapo Traffic Court
If you have been accused of a moving violation in Ramapo Town, NY, it might be possible to negotiate a favorable deal before the case ever heads to trial. Prior to the start of trial, he will discuss things with the police officer who ticketed you and/or the prosecutor. If possible, he will try to work out favorable deal so that your traffic charges are dismissed. Mr. Katz has successfully negotiated countless plea agreements, including:
- Dismissal of traffic charges that could not be proved in court
- Reduced traffic charges to a lesser offense like a non-moving violation
- Reduced charges to a traffic violation that carries fewer points on the driver’s license
- Merging of several tickets into a single traffic violation
A traffic conviction in Ramapo or anywhere else in Rockland County can have severe and long-lasting consequences, including fines, points on your driver’s license and more expensive insurance rates. In the worst cases, you could even be looking at jail time. That’s why you should not delay in contacting Jonathan D. Katz, Esq, a skilled attorney with more than 36 years of experience representing clients in traffic courts throughout New York, including Rockland County, Dutchess County, Orange County and Ulster County. Call him anytime at 845-377-2022 to discuss your traffic matter or schedule a consultation at his New Paltz NY office.