Orangetown Town Court
Town of Orangetown Justice Court
26 Orangeburg Road
Orangeburg, NY 10962
Orangetown Town Court Website
Orangetown is a large town located in the southeast section of Rockland County, NY and along the Hudson River. The Palisades Interstate Parkway and the Taconic Parkway pass through the Town of Orangetown. If you were stopped for speeding on any road in Orangetown, you should contact a qualified traffic attorney immediately.
You may be able to challenge your traffic ticket in Orangetown, NY without having to show up to court. Jonathan D. Katz, Esq. believes every one of his clients is entitled to a strong legal defense. That’s why he makes himself available to his clients at all times, day or night, rain or shine, to answer questions, discuss possible strategy and go over legal options for contesting their traffic tickets. Depending on the nature of your traffic matter, the specific type of traffic ticket you were issued, the evidence in your case and the facts of your motor vehicle stop, Mr. Katz may be able to raise several legal and factual defenses on your behalf and help you challenge the ticket.Traffic Tickets in Rockland County, New York
Mr. Katz routinely represent clients in traffic courts throughout New York, including Rockland County, Orange County, Dutchess County and Ulster County. He has successfully defended numerous Rockland County residents, other NY drivers and out-of-state drivers who were ticketed for speeding or other minor traffic offense while passing through New York. Mr. Katz is a tenacious litigator who will fight on your behalf during pre-trial negotiations and, if necessary, at trial in Orangetown Traffic Court. He handles all traffic matters, including:
- High-Speed Tickets
- Driving with a Suspended or Revoked License
- Driving without a License
- Driving without Insurance
- Handheld Cell Phone Tickets
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Violations
- DWI / DWAI / DUI
- Running a Red Light
- Illegal Lane Changes
- Failure to Yield
- Faulty Equipment
- Repeat Offenses
- Other Traffic Violations
Even if you think it makes sense to plead guilty to a traffic ticket in Orangetown, New York, you should still talk to a traffic attorney before doing so. A guilty plea to a moving violation in New York could have long-lasting and severe consequences, including:
- The Orangetown Court will contact the New York Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). The DMV will then place the conviction on your driving record. Even if you happen to be an out-of-state driver who was ticketed while driving through NY, you can still be hit with points on your license, surcharges and other significant penalties when you go back to your home state.
- The judge could decide to impose serious fines, monetary penalties and other court costs related to the disposition of your traffic matter. Sometimes it can be tough to pay an expensive traffic ticket while also trying to cover the costs of rising auto insurance after getting a ticket, so Mr. Katz will be there for you and do whatever he can to get your charges dismissed or reduced.
- Your motor vehicle insurance carrier might decide to hike your auto insurance rates or even drop you from coverage entirely, depending on the severity of the traffic offense and whether you have any prior convictions.
- The Orangetown Traffic Court judge could have the power to suspend or revoke your driving privileges in New York
- Negotiate a Plea Deal before Trial: Mr. Katz has more than 30 years of experience practicing law in NY courtrooms. That experience has allowed him to develop advanced negotiating skills that he can and will use on your behalf. He will scrutinize the details of your particular traffic stop and determine whether the traffic cop violated your legal rights in any way. For example, if the traffic officer who ticketed you did not have probable cause to stop your vehicle in the first place, Mr. Katz may be able to convince the prosecutor to dismiss your ticket. Before the start of trial, I will discuss your traffic matter with the police officer and/or the prosecutor and attempt to work out a favorable plea deal, possibly getting the charges dropped or significantly reduced.
- Trial in Orangetown Traffic Court: Mr. Katz prepares each and every case for trial; that way, he is never caught off guard in the courtroom. If necessary, he will stand up for you in Orangetown Traffic Court, question key witnesses and attack the opposition’s evidence so that he can beat your traffic charges and make sure you avoid the most severe penalties.
If you or a loved one has been ticketed with a moving violation in Orangetown or anywhere else in Rockland County, NY, Jonathan D. Katz, Esq. can help you. He has represented countless clients accused of moving violations in New York. You can reach him anytime at 845-377-2022 to discuss your traffic matter or schedule a consultation at his office in New Paltz, NY.