Nyack Village Court
Village of Nyack Justice Court
9 North Broadway
Nyack, NY 10960
Nyack Court Website
Nyack is a village located in Orangetown, which is part of Rockland County, New York. A small section of Nyack is located in Clarkstown, NY. Nyack is connected to other municipalities by the Tappan Zee Bridge. Other roadways in Nyack include I-87, the New York State Thruway, US Route 9W and NY State Route 59. If you were stopped for speeding while driving on one of these roads, or on any other road in Nyack, you should call a qualified traffic lawyer today. Jonathan D. Katz routinely appears in courts throughout Rockland County, NY, including Nyack.
Before you make any final decisions about whether to pay the fine or plead guilty to your traffic ticket in Nyack, NY, explore your available legal options with a knowledgeable traffic attorney. Many people are under the impression that they cannot fight a traffic ticket once a traffic cop has pulled them over and cited them for a moving violation. However, police officers are not infallible; they can make mistakes. A knowledgeable traffic defense lawyer like Mr. Katz will make sure you understand all your legal options prior to making a final decision about the next step in your traffic case. Without an attorney on your side, you are at serious risk of penalties that include costly fines, points on your license and even jail time.What can You Expect in Nyack Village Traffic Court?
- Pre-Trial Plea Agreements: Jonathan Katz has more than 30 years of experience in NY traffic courts, which has provided him with the institutional knowledge needed to argue on behalf of his clients. Before your case reaches trial, Mr. Katz will discuss your traffic ticket with the police officer and/or the prosecutor and attempt to get the traffic charges dismissed or downgraded to a non-moving violation like improper parking. Even if the prosecution’s evidence against you is strong, Mr. Katz will try to work out a favorable deal on your behalf. In the event that you were issued a ticket for multiple moving violations, Mr. Katz will attempt to get all of the charges merged into a single traffic ticket, allowing you to avoid accruing too many points on your license.
- Going to Trial: Mr. Katz prepares every traffic case for trial so that he will be ready to do battle in the courtroom and fight to beat his clients’ charges. Opposing prosecutors know his reputation for winning in the courtroom, so they are often willing to work out agreements that are in the best interests of Mr. Katz’s clients. If your case does head to trial in Nyack Traffic Court, Mr. Katz will cross-examine witnesses, point out flaws in the traffic stop and attack the evidence against you.
If you’ve been cited for a moving violation in Nyack, NY, Jonathan Katz can help you beat the charges and avoid the most severe penalties. Mr. Katz can contest virtually any traffic charge, including:
- High-Speed Tickets
- Driving with a Suspended or Revoked License
- Driving without a License
- Driving without Insurance
- Handheld Cell Phone Tickets
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Violations
- DWI / DWAI / DUI
- Running a Red Light
- Illegal Lane Changes
- Failure to Yield
- Faulty Equipment
- Repeat Offenses
- Other Traffic Violations
If were cited for speeding, running a red light, driving under the influence or any other moving violation in Nyack, New York, Jonathan D. Katz, Esq. is qualified traffic defense attorney who can help you fight your ticket. Mr. Katz has decades of experience defending clients against traffic charges in Rockland County, Dutchess County, Orange County, Ulster County and everywhere else in New York. Contact him anytime at 845-377-2022 to discuss your traffic case or arrange a visit to his New Paltz NY office.