Haverstraw Town Court
Town of Haverstraw Justice Court
One Rosman Road
Garnerville, NY 10923
Town of Haverstraw Justice Court Website
Haverstraw is a large town located in Rockland County, New York. The town contains three villages including the Village of Haverstraw. Several major highways, including the Palisades Interstate Parkway, NY Route 45 and US Routes 9W and 202 pass through Haverstraw. If you were issued a ticket for speeding on one of these highways, or on any other local road, Jonathan D. Katz, Esq. is an experienced traffic attorney who can help you contest your traffic charges.
Don’t automatically assume you are guilty just because a patrol officer stopped you and issued you a traffic ticket. Always discuss your options with a lawyer before deciding to plead guilty or pay a traffic fine. You should not be afraid to exercise your legal right to speak to an attorney and fight your traffic ticket in Haverstraw Town Traffic Court or any other courtroom in Rockland County, NY. You deserve to be represented by a dedicated attorney who knows how to make strong legal arguments challenging the officer’s probable cause to stop your vehicle in the first place or contesting the radar gun reading used clock your vehicle speed. Mr. Katz is an experienced traffic defense lawyer with a unique understanding of the local traffic court system and many nuances of traffic laws in Haverstraw, NY.
Jonathan D. Katz, Esq. has successfully represented countless New York clients facing all kinds of traffic charges, including:
- High-Speed Tickets
- Driving with a Suspended or Revoked License
- Driving without a License
- Driving without Insurance
- Handheld Cell Phone Tickets
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Violations
- DWI / DWAI / DUI
- Running a Red Light
- Illegal Lane Changes
- Failure to Yield
- Faulty Equipment
- Repeat Offenses
- Other Traffic Violations
Whether you are facing charges for a minor traffic offense such as speeding or a more serious traffic offense like drunk driving, it is important that you do what is necessary to protect yourself against the most severe consequences of a conviction. If you are convicted of a traffic infraction in Haverstraw Town, New York, the potential outcomes include:
- The traffic court will notify the NY Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV), which will then put a traffic conviction on your driving record. Out-of-state drivers convicted of a traffic violation in Haverstraw, New York will be subject to penalties when they return to their home states because the New York DMV will send notice of the conviction to the driver’s home state and local DMV.
- The Haverstraw Traffic Court judge can impose significant fines, monetary penalties and court costs, depending on how severe your traffic violation is determined to be.
- Your auto insurance company will be notified of your traffic conviction. Depending on the seriousness of the traffic offense and whether you have prior traffic convictions on your driving record, your insurance carrier may elect to raise your annual rates or even cancel your policy altogether.
- The traffic court judge could decide to suspend or revoke your driver’s license, leaving you without a way to transport yourself to and from work for an extended period of time.
If you have been stopped by a traffic cop in Haverstraw, New York, you need to at least contact a qualified attorney like Mr. Katz before making any final decisions about what you are going to do. Don’t make the mistake of trying to defend yourself in court or negotiating a plea agreement without the assistance of legal counsel. An experienced attorney is often vital to protecting people against incurring the most severe penalties for a traffic violation. Mr. Katz regularly defends individuals accused of traffic violations in New York, including NY residents, out-of-state residents and even Canadian residents who were stopped for speeding or some other traffic offense while driving through Rockland County, NY.
Even if you don’t have to appear in Haverstraw Town Court to answer your traffic charge, you should speak with an attorney before you make any final decisions about pleading guilty or paying a fine. Never assume that you are automatically guilty just because a traffic officer pulled you over and issued you a traffic ticket. Let an experienced traffic attorney look over your file and help you explore every available legal option. Mr. Katz has successfully represented countless clients facing traffic charges like excessive speeding, running a red light and every other traffic offense on the books. He knows exactly what to look for in your case, so let him help you determine your best course of action.Discuss Your Options with a Knowledgeable Haverstraw, NY Traffic Ticket Attorney
A traffic conviction or guilty plea in Haverstraw Town, NY could lead to significant penalties, such as fines, points on your driver’s license and higher auto insurance rates. That’s why your first step after getting a traffic ticket should be to contact an experienced traffic lawyer. Jonathan D. Katz, Esq. has a track record of success in Rockland County traffic cases. Call him anytime at 845-377-2022 to discuss your traffic matter or schedule a consultation at his office in New Paltz, New York.