Chestnut Ridge Village Court
Chestnut Ridge Village Court
277 Old Nyack Turnpike
Chestnut Ridge, NY 10977
Chestnut Ridge Traffic Court Website
Chestnut Ridge is a small village located in the town of Ramapo, NY, which is part of Rockland County, New York. NY State Route 45 is one of the only major roads to pass through Chestnut Ridge. If you were stopped for speeding on this roadway, or on any other road in Chestnut Ridge, you should contact a skilled traffic lawyer like Jonathan D. Katz, Esq. today to explore your legal options for challenging the ticket.Contest a Traffic Ticket in Chestnut Ridge, New York
If you were ticketed for a moving violation in Chestnut Ridge Village, NY or anywhere else in Rockland County, you may have some questions about how a traffic conviction could affect your driving record, your auto insurance rates and your driving privileges in New York. Mr. Katz is an experienced NY traffic lawyer who routinely appears in traffic courtrooms across Rockland County, so he knows how to assist you throughout this process and help you avoid the most serious consequences of a traffic ticket.
I have successfully represented numerous clients facing traffic charges for:
- High-Speed Tickets
- Driving with a Suspended or Revoked License
- Driving without a License
- Driving without Insurance
- Handheld Cell Phone Tickets
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Violations
- DWI / DWAI / DUI
- Running a Red Light
- Illegal Lane Changes
- Failure to Yield
- Faulty Equipment
- Repeat Offenses
- Other Traffic Violations
Do not assume that you have no choice but to plead guilty to a traffic ticket in Chestnut Ridge Village, NY. Make sure you speak with Jonathan D. Katz, Esq. before making any final decisions about what to do in your case.Beat a Traffic Ticket in Chestnut Ridge, New York
You are entitled to a strong defense, whether you were cited for a minor traffic infraction like speeding or a more serious offense like drunk driving. The most important thing right now is that you are represented by a knowledgeable attorney who can make sure you understand every aspect of your case and help you explore your legal options. With an experienced traffic lawyer on your side, it’s possible that you won’t even have to appear in traffic court to contest your ticket.
When Mr. Katz represents you in Chestnut Ridge Traffic Court, he will begin by speaking with the prosecutor and/or the police officer who ticketed you. If possible, he will get your traffic charges dismissed or downgraded to a non-moving violation so that you avoid the most significant penalties and keep your driving record clean. If your case does end up going to trial, he will be prepared to argue on your behalf and beat the charges.Significant Penalties for a Traffic Conviction in Chestnut Ridge NY
If you plead guilty or are convicted of a moving violation in Chestnut Ridge Village, NY, you could face severe penalties, including:
- The Chestnut Ridge Traffic Court will send notice of your conviction to the NY Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). The DMV will then put the charges on your driving record. If you are an out-of-state driver who was ticketed while passing through NY, the DMV will notify your home state of the traffic conviction.
- You may be ordered to pay costly fines, monetary penalties, and other related court costs.
- Your motor vehicle insurance company will receive notice of your conviction in Chestnut Ridge Traffic Court. This could result in higher insurance premiums or even cancellation of your policy.
- The Chestnut Ridge Traffic Court judge may suspend or revoke your New York driver’s license, depending on the severity of the traffic charges.
A speeding ticket, or any other moving violation, can cause serious problems for you in the future. If you accrue too many points on your license, you may even lose your license. That’s why it is crucial that you contact an experienced traffic attorney who knows how to contest tickets in Chestnut Ridge and elsewhere in Rockland County, New York. Contact the law firm of Jonathan D. Katz, Esq. now at 845-377-2022 to discuss your traffic case and explore your legal options. You can speak with him anytime on the phone or arrange an in-person consultation at his office in New Paltz, New York.